Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

Anxiety

This past weekend, I auditioned for the Marching Illini. It was nerve-wracking and I am so anxious waiting for the results of my audition.  My audition went really well, and my brother made a point of saying it was better than his.  He’s one of the two marching section leaders for the trombone section, and will hopefully be my section leader.  He has a good connection with the Marching Illini director, Barry Houser, and I want him to ask Proffesor Houser about my audition.  In my head the conversation would go like this:
Aaron: Hey Professor Houser!
Professor Houser: Hey there Aaron! How ya doin’?
Aaron: I’m good-except for that awful loss last night.  That game was just plain bad.  This team seriously needs to improve.   Have you sent any emails this week?
Prof. Houser: I know they need to step up their game or we’re definitely not going to the Tournament this year.  Emily is pretty anxious isn’t she?
Aaron:  Ya, she’s just sitting around waiting for your email.
Prof. Houser: Well I’m sure she doesn’t have anything to worry about

1 comment:

  1. I hope the conversation went like this! I like how the conversation doesn't end badly in your head. Imagine the best! Isn't that what they tell athletes to do?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog!